Monday, June 25, 2012

The Great Bookstore Receipt Safari: Third Time's A Charm

After Missouri came Kansas.  I didn't go to a bookstore there until after the Summer Workshop, so I come to you with a collection I bought on Saturday.

My Kansas receipt comes from a bookstore called the Book Warehouse, in a mall in Olathe.  IT WAS HUGE AND AMAZING.  The children's/YA section ROCKED.  So many epic looking books... and a great sale, too.  I totally rec if you're ever in the Olathe area.  Or in the United States.  I actually got six books here, too.



First we have Flora Segunda by Ysabeau S. Wilce.  I never knew what it was about, even though my cousin loves it.  And Diana Wynne Jones endorsed it, so it has to be great.




Speaking of which!  I found Cart And Cwidder by Mrs. Jones, the first book in her Dalemark Quartet.  Again, I have no idea what it's about.  BUT IT'S HER.

Next is Flight by Jason Lethcoe, the first The Mysterious Mr. Spines book.  I love Lethcoe just for Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, but this series is pretty awesome, too.  I need to reread the first book, though...




Another thing you should know about me: I'm a blossoming Norse mythology nerd.  I love it.  So much.  So when I saw Thor's Wedding Day - by Bruce Coville, no less - I had to get it. even if it's not exactly a mature retelling.  I think I'm not a fan of Coville like most people are, but it was still cute.
Then we have Bones Of Faerie, by Janni Lee Simner.  I picked this up on a whim because I love faeries.  At it has a gorgeous cover.  Here's hoping it's good.










And finally, we have The Pied Piper/El flautista de Hamelin, a Pied Piper retelling in both English and Spanish.  I got it to practice my Spanish.  I mean, how impressive would it be if I could recite the Pied Piper tale in Spanish?  It should be really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment