Monday, June 25, 2012

The Great Bookstore Receipt Safari: It Starts Again

Last Sunday, my mother and I began our roadtrip to Olathe, Kansas, for the OYAN Summer Workshop.  Our first stop was in Mississippi.

...However, the bookstore I had found was closed on Sunday.  So I received no MS books.  Later, my precious.  Later.

Next came Memphis, Tennessee.  There, I located a bookstore called The Booksellers.  It was quite pretty and large, but sadly devoid of sales on children's/YA.  I had to sort of skimp on the books for that reason - only got two books.











Still, the first book I got was a Diana Wynne Jones one.  If you know anything about my reading life, you should know that I'm a rabid Jones fan.  I love her.  All her stuff.  Read it.  It's amazing.  
So, this one I found was The Homeward Bounders.  It looks as good as she ever is.  And it has a pretty new cover, too!







The other one was the ninth Cirque du Freak book, or the ninth Saga of Darren Shan book, or whatever you call them. (I'm still not totally clear.)  It's called Killers Of the Dawn by Darren Shan, anyway.  Okay, I've only read the first two, but you should always be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment