Monday, June 25, 2012

The Great Bookstore Receipt Safari: The Second Stop

Our next stop was in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.  The bookstore I had found was The Book Rack, one of a sort of chain of used bookstores.  It was AMAZING.  Walls and shelves of books.  Walls made of books (almost).  It's children's/YA selection wasn't large, but it was decent, and I succeeded in snagging six books.


I actually found another Diana Wynne Jones!  This is Mixed Magics, a collection of four stories set in her Chrestomanci world.  I've recently read it from the library, but I definitely needed it for my collection.

Next was May Bird Among The Stars by Jodi Lynn Anderson.  I've read the first May Bird book, May Bird And The Ever After, which was pretty much adorable, so I'm looking forward to this one.



I snagged a copy of The Mayflower Project, the first Remnants book by K.A. Applegate.  Definitely my favorite series by her, Remnants takes a while to get started, but when it does... hoo boy.




Yay, the store had manga!  Not much, granted, but some.  I got the sixth volume of Bleach, The Death Trilogy Overture, which I have already read but still need.  My Bleach collection officially starts at six. (And it was only four dollars.  FOUR DOLLARS for manga.)  I totally admit to picking Vol. 6 because it has Kisuke on the cover.



And we have ANOTHER of my favorite authors ever.  P.W. Catanese, The Eye of the Warlock, the third book in his Further Tales collection.  This one takes place after Hansel and Gretel.  Can't wait.




And finally, we have Vivian Vande Velde's The Rumpelstiltskin Problem, a collection of six stories retelling the Rumpelstiltskin tale.  I'm a huge Rumpelstiltskin fan (totally has NOTHING to do with the Once Upon A Time character, definitely not) and I generally really like this author's stuff, even if I'm not a big fan of short stories.  So this should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment