Monday, June 25, 2012

The Great Bookstore Receipt Safari: The Final Store

After Kansas came Arkansas.  The best trip of all, somehow, even though I only bought three books and they were the most expensive.

I'm serious, y'all.  If you ever visit Little Rock, Arkansas, go to WordsWorth Books And Co.  The atmosphere is unbelievable, and even if the selection is small, it's amazing.  The place feels so... literary.  And soothing.  And peaceful.  I mean GET IN YOUR CAR AND GO.  Seriously.  It's spectacular.



My first book was The Alchemist and the Angel by Joanne Owen.  I've never heard of this book or this author, but the cover and the title sold me.  Hope beyond hope it's good.





Next was The Adoration Of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson.  I've heard of it but wasn't overly interested until a good friend with epic taste rec'd it.  I absolutely love this cover, too.




Now.  You remember my mention of my Norse mythos nerd?  Well.  At this amazing bookstore, I found - wait for it - THE ELDER EDDA.  FOR SERIOUSNESS.  I FOUND IT.

I have to tell this story because it's amazing.  When I finally got ready to check out, after hanging around for way too long, the lady who owns the store (she's amazing, too, fyi), looked at the Edda and laughed.  She told me her son had ordered the book just a couple weeks back, even though SHE thought no one would ever buy it.  And here I come in, have a freak and do a happy dance in the aisle because I want it so much.  Angel Chorus of Destiny, anyone?



That was my Bookstore Receipt Safari this past week.  Believe it or not, I still didn't get to a bookstore in Mississippi.  Oh well.  Next time.  I think I have enough books now, anyway.

After all, the total adds up to seventeen books.  I think that's a good enough haul for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment