Well, I missed about three different things I meant to blog about. I'll just have to give the abridged version.
* The Schwa Was Here by Neal Shusterman (SHUSTERMAN)
* The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson (rec'd by a trusted friend)
* Earwig and the Witch by Diana Wynne Jones (JONES)
* Henry IV, Part One by William Shakespeare (didn't get around to this last week)
* Magical x Miracle Vol. 1 by Yuzu Mizutani (random manga I picked up in Goodwill)
* Pandora Hearts Vol. 7 by Jun Mochizuki (didn't get around to this either)
Now. The 100 In 100 Challenge.
As of yesterday, I had 1784 words. About 700 of those were in the novel I started; the rest went into an epilogue I wrote for my fairytale/ghost story, Bitter Magic. I haven't written anything today and I'm thinking this may end up my grace day for this week. Headaaache.
As anyone knows, The Avengers comes out on DVD on the 25th - in other words, thirteen days. (Cue fangirl screams.) I like counting down to such momentous events (it's sort of like my thing with Top Ten Lists and such) and so I've given myself this challenge:
Watch a new movie every day for thirteen days. Then I can watch Avengers which I saw in theaters three times.
Does the connection make sense? 'Course not. But I want an excuse to watch a new movie every day, so here we go.
I haven't decided on one for tonight, but yesterday I got around to one I've been wanting to see for ages - Castle in the Sky, a masterpiece straight from Hayao Miyazaki himself. It was really brilliant - the art was gorgeous, the characters were awesome, and the soundtrack - aahhh, the soundtrack. Definitely a winner.
I'll check back in tomorrow with something about both today's and tomorrow's movies. And hopefully a much-higher wordcount.